    As the camera is only just 11 months old, I will loose one month warranty,
    if it's going to take that long to repair. Any comments please.
    JB (if replying direct remove no_spam)

    JB, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Look on the bright side. At least you discovered the fault before the
    warranty ran out....
    Yes, five weeks does seem like a long turnaround time, but consider I just
    had a brand new hi-fi amplifier that was delivered with a broken phono
    connector in for repair for longer than that now. Yep, a simple gold plated
    connector which could probably be purchased from an electronics spare part
    supplier for a few dollars is on its way to Australia via Singapore on a
    Chinese junk boat. So much for Sony service and you are complaining about a
    replacement CCD !!!! ?????

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Rutlidge, Aug 15, 2003

  3. JB

    John O. Guest

    Any comments please.

    Yeah. That is the warranty doing its job. Shit happens. It's a drag.
    Don't whine. And it's not that it takes that long to fix. It takes them
    that long to get to it. Do you think you are the only person with a
    broken or defective camera in the world? Gotta wait your turn.

    There. Turns out I had several comments...

    John O.
    There is no slack in light attack.

    John O., Aug 15, 2003
  4. JB

    Si Guest

    But wait, if they perform a warranty repair, won't they then give you a
    warranty period on THAT repair? Ok, it won't cover other failures, but
    you'll be covered for the CCD at least.

    Si, Aug 15, 2003