    Address: 151744

    What can I do to get rid of it.
    Thank you.

    spock, Aug 27, 2005

  2. I am usually not the one to cry: Wolf! A quick search in the Knowledge Base,
    however, indicates this could be a CPU error - how serious, i couldn't tell.
    I recommend a sort-of-archeology-search-mission. Look at your 'start' menu
    and find 'Administrative Tools', from there, find the 'Event Viewer', that
    will have some information in it that you can present to your dealer.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2005

  3. TLB = translation lookaside buffer
    It's a record of the last 'n' real-to virtual memory address translations
    ('n' depends on cache size)
    Sounds like a bad CPU
    Sorry...

    Johann Gamblepudding, Aug 27, 2005
  4. If there is room enough around the cooler, you could try and lift the little
    handle that locks the cpu to the socket and gently (very gently) press the
    cpu towards the socket to make sure it is seated properly. Any attempt at
    'gentle' violence is not to be recommended so without room to operate in
    there I'd say: take it to the dealer?

    Also, are you, or have you been overclocking? How old is the machine?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2005
  5. Good points Tony

    Mr. Spock, Did this start happening suddenly?
    If not, how long did the machine run OK before it started?

    Johann Gamblepudding, Aug 28, 2005
  6. spock

    spock Guest

    I got the message in event viewer otherwise I did not know there was
    anything amiss and as to when it started I am not sure, BTW it only occured
    in the X64 not in the 32bit version which is on another partition. It only
    happened at startup but not today.
    I am uncertain as to what is going on.

    spock, Aug 28, 2005
  7. CPU temps?

    Johann Gamblepudding, Aug 28, 2005
  8. spock

    spock Guest

    Usually around 39c to about 43c with a high of 56c under max. load never
    anything above that.

    spock, Aug 28, 2005
  9. O.K. - Let's talk memory, then.

    One thing that crystalizes from the experience with x64, is that they manage
    virtual memory differently. It would not seem unlikely that such a thing
    would occur on one OS, and not the other, were it memory related.

    So, hopefully, spock, you have two sticks of memory - try and swap them -
    usual care in-mind. Wasn't it our own Charlie Russel, who tipped us off on a
    memory test utility the other day? I downloaded that and it went straight
    into my tool-box (thanks, Charlie) I may have to look for that link, but I
    think you should run a thourough test, to see what happens. In the mean-time
    swap that memory and let's here more about it.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 28, 2005
  10. Charlie wrote:
    ***
    Glad to help. If you can't find a test application on the corsair site, you
    could try this: http://www.memtest86.com/ -- haven't used it, but others
    here have reported well on it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    ***

    This is not the one I downloaded - that was a microsoft utility - but this
    looks O.K. to me.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 28, 2005
  11. I'm pretty sure this is an on-chip error (CPU chip, that is...)

    Johann Gamblepudding, Aug 29, 2005