Fatal exception error when Canon S520 turned on

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ECLiPSE 2002, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. ECLiPSE 2002

    ECLiPSE 2002 Guest

    I frequently encounter a blue screen when I turn on my Canon S520
    printer or try to print with the Canon. I have Win 98se with an
    Athalon processor and 256 MB of memory

    I do not start the printer when I boot the PC - I turn it on only when
    I intend to print something

    The problem is clearly associated with the printer because it happens
    either when I first turn on the printer or when I try to print.

    The fatal error message is:

    A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028 C000BC4E

    Any thoughts on what may be causing this error and how to
    approach resolving it?

    Thanks much

    ECLiPSE 2002, Dec 5, 2003

  2. IN WHICH MODULE? (the next part of the message). Include that and someone
    may be able to help you.

    Is your printer a USB printer? If so, have you tried unplugging it before
    you start the machine?

    Gary G. Taylor, Dec 6, 2003