    please?

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Dec 2, 2005

  2. Terry Pinnell

    oldfart Guest

    Terry Pinnell <> wrote in
    news::

    > Another puzzle! I have a dozen JPGs in a folder. All very similar
    > size, about 2300 x 1600, b/w scans. The first one won't open in FS
    > Image Viewer 2.27. The other 11 are fine. All 12 open OK in seven
    > other viewers I've tried: IrfanView, Paintshop Pro 8, Paintshop Pro 7,
    > Corel Photo House, MS Paint, Windows Picture & Fax Viewer,
    > PhotoFiltre.
    >
    > Anyone else ever had a similar mis-behaving file with FS Image Viewer
    > please?

    I have the latest version and sometimes when I email some pictures with it,
    for some reason it will drop my internet connection out and I have to
    reconnect and do it again and it will send then, Don't know why but it does
    it on the wifes computer as well?????
    regards
    oldfart

    oldfart, Dec 3, 2005

  3. oldfart <> wrote:

    >Terry Pinnell <> wrote in
    >
    >> Another puzzle! I have a dozen JPGs in a folder. All very similar
    >> size, about 2300 x 1600, b/w scans. The first one won't open in FS
    >> Image Viewer 2.27. The other 11 are fine. All 12 open OK in seven
    >> other viewers I've tried: IrfanView, Paintshop Pro 8, Paintshop Pro 7,
    >> Corel Photo House, MS Paint, Windows Picture & Fax Viewer,
    >> PhotoFiltre.
    >>
    >> Anyone else ever had a similar mis-behaving file with FS Image Viewer
    >> please?
    >>

    >I have the latest version and sometimes when I email some pictures with it,
    >for some reason it will drop my internet connection out and I have to
    >reconnect and do it again and it will send then, Don't know why but it does
    >it on the wifes computer as well?????
    >regards
    >oldfart

    Thanks. I've now updated to the latest 2.29. The problem remains the
    same. I also tried resizing it to 50%, but FS still refuses to open
    it! Plainly *something* in that file that FS doesn't like. Who knows,
    maybe the same sort of thing that drops your net connection? <g>

    I'll report back if I get a reply from my email to the author.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Dec 3, 2005
  4. Terry Pinnell

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Terry Pinnell wrote:
    > Another puzzle! I have a dozen JPGs in a folder. All very similar
    > size, about 2300 x 1600, b/w scans. The first one won't open in FS
    > Image Viewer 2.27. The other 11 are fine. All 12 open OK in seven
    > other viewers I've tried: IrfanView, Paintshop Pro 8, Paintshop Pro 7,
    > Corel Photo House, MS Paint, Windows Picture & Fax Viewer,
    > PhotoFiltre.
    >
    > Anyone else ever had a similar mis-behaving file with FS Image Viewer
    > please?

    No, but some programs are just not as forgiving of errors, missing data,
    or minor corruption of the header.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 3, 2005
  5. Terry Pinnell

    CoMa Guest

    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 19:27:05 +0000, Terry Pinnell <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone else ever had a similar mis-behaving file with FS Image Viewer
    >please?

    I had that problem with some jpg files in a earlier
    FastStone Image Viewer versions.

    I sent the program author one of the files and after
    a few day a new version came out and the problem
    was solved.

    /CoMa

    CoMa, Dec 3, 2005
  6. CoMa <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 19:27:05 +0000, Terry Pinnell <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone else ever had a similar mis-behaving file with FS Image Viewer
    >>please?

    >I had that problem with some jpg files in a earlier
    >FastStone Image Viewer versions.
    >
    >I sent the program author one of the files and after
    >a few day a new version came out and the problem
    >was solved.

    Thanks. As per my last follow-up, latest version 2.29 still has the
    problem. I've sent the author the file, so maybe he will be able to
    fix it as he did for yours.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Dec 3, 2005
  7. Terry Pinnell

    Splibbilla Guest

    Terry Pinnell <> in

    > Another puzzle! I have a dozen JPGs in a folder. All very similar
    > size, about 2300 x 1600, b/w scans. The first one won't open in FS
    > Image Viewer 2.27. The other 11 are fine. All 12 open OK in seven
    > other viewers I've tried: IrfanView, Paintshop Pro 8, Paintshop Pro 7,
    > Corel Photo House, MS Paint, Windows Picture & Fax Viewer,
    > PhotoFiltre.
    >
    > Anyone else ever had a similar mis-behaving file with FS Image Viewer
    > please?

    have you tried some crude file edits (in other app, then save to new temp name) to see if
    there's just some freak value in the FS 'allergenic' 12th file?

    Splibbilla, Jan 1, 2006
  8. Splibbilla <> wrote:

    >Terry Pinnell <> in
    >
    >> Another puzzle! I have a dozen JPGs in a folder. All very similar
    >> size, about 2300 x 1600, b/w scans. The first one won't open in FS
    >> Image Viewer 2.27. The other 11 are fine. All 12 open OK in seven
    >> other viewers I've tried: IrfanView, Paintshop Pro 8, Paintshop Pro 7,
    >> Corel Photo House, MS Paint, Windows Picture & Fax Viewer,
    >> PhotoFiltre.
    >>
    >> Anyone else ever had a similar mis-behaving file with FS Image Viewer
    >> please?

    >have you tried some crude file edits (in other app, then save to new temp name) to see if
    >there's just some freak value in the FS 'allergenic' 12th file?

    Thanks. Just went off to try that, as it sounds promising, but darned
    if I can find the file now!

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Jan 2, 2006