    the US. I have comcast and they say that the max you will get with them
    is 3.0 mbps. They are the fastest that I can get. Can anyone get a
    faster speed.

    Shane, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Shane

    Boomer Guest

    You might want to ask here also.
    alt.binaries.news-server-comparison

    Check out T-1 services etc. :)

    Boomer, Jul 14, 2004

  3. There are faster, but usually on a very local scale. Hitting 3mb (if
    they actually hit that speed) is pretty good for ISP service. Of course,
    if money is no object, you can call the telcos and ask for some OC price
    quotes. For about $11,000/mo or more you can get 155mb OC3. They have
    much larger/faster/more expensive available as well.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Shane

    Boomer Guest

    He might like to try my dial-up and he'd be happy to have what he
    has! :)

    Boomer, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Shane

    HJB Guest

    I have 3/256 w/ Charter and I DO get 3Mb downstream. Very consistent
    download speeds of 350-400kB/sec. Awesome!

    T-1 is only rated at 1.54Mb, but this is upstream as well as down. If you
    are just a residential net user and not running a server then T-1 is a waste
    for you as it is much more expensive and slower on the downstream where most
    of your use is.

    HJB, Jul 14, 2004
  6. Roadrunner cable, just ran this test:
    Your download speed : 3237091 bps, or 3161 kbps.
    A 395.1 KB/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 371540 bps, or 362 kbps.

    Others areas in the US get over 4000 kbps download and 450+ kbps up.

    --
    Mr. Trevor Fourie.
    WesBank Limited.

    Mr. Trevor Fourie, Jul 14, 2004
  7. I don't miss dialup much. Had to use it on vacation and was very
    relieved to get back home.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 15, 2004