    Can anyone recommend a good, compact camera with a fast shutter release.

    Thank you,

    JM

    John & Beverly, Oct 29, 2004

  2. John & Beverly

    Robert Barr Guest

    Kodak DX7440. Search for reviews.

    Robert Barr, Oct 29, 2004

  3. John & Beverly

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi John and/or Beverley...

    I'm in the same boat... been know to take pictures of
    them having their bedtime snack at the kitchen table - and
    they were tucked in bed 'fore the picture was taken :)
    OK, a bit of exaggeration :)

    Don't know your Sony camera, so not sure if my next
    suggestion will help or not, but perhaps someone...?

    I am the undisputed world champion of taking pics of
    them with their eyes closed. No exaggeration. I have
    one outdoors at the lake - all 3 kids with their eyes
    closed. And with that, the stressed sort of look on
    their faces that go with intentionally closing their
    eyes. They're so good at this, that I suspect they
    see my finger tense, and close their eyes in response :(

    So, a work-around (if your Sony supports it) is to use
    it in burst mode. If I do that, then the first of
    three is eyes closed, the second is eyes open, and
    the third will invariably be a perfectly natural
    look.

    Hopes this helps a little...

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Oct 29, 2004
  4. John & Beverly

    Clyde Guest

    Are you sure it's not the auto focus that isn't the problem. Most
    digital cameras shoot pretty fast, once it is focused. If you just stab
    at the button, it has to focus before it shoots. If you half way depress
    the button before you need to shoot, it will focus first. Then you press
    the rest of the way down to take the picture.

    Clyde

    Clyde, Oct 29, 2004
  5. John & Beverly

    Seymore Guest

    You've got it. There are many who don't know about the lite shutter button
    depress so the cam can get its focus/exposure info. Hold the button in that
    position and allow the PIC to come to you.

    Seymore...
    www.SonyCams.com
    Sony F717
    Nikon N90s