    with WinXP Pro?

    thanx
    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Jimmy Dean

    AvengerĀ© Guest

    I have a 3Com/US Robotics Sportster V.90 connected to my XP machine.
    Is an external modem connected via com port. Never missed a beat with
    XP Pro. I connect at 52.0 Kbps on every dial up.

    HTH

    AvengerĀ©, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Jimmy Dean

    M Mullen Guest

    |> Any tips from big downloaders as to a good cheap external modem which
    |> is fast (5+ KB/s download rates) and doesn't have any driver issues
    |> with WinXP Pro?

    I also used a 3Com/US Robotics Sportster V.90 56K external worked great until
    the power supply went bad. $50

    Now using a Motorola surfr 56K external. given to me.

    I've always been a Robotics fan (spent $800 on a 28K hst) but this Motorola
    downloads faster.

    M Mullen, Dec 25, 2003