Far Cry 64 1628 Install Error: Kill 32 bit process's

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Advanced Primate, May 22, 2005.

  1. If you are having install problems and recieve a 1628 install error, kill
    all active (32) bit process's in task manager.

    Advanced Primate, May 22, 2005

  2. Tiny Firewall seems to be the primary cause of this error. Most people can
    install straight away after disabling/removing it.

    B.V.

    Billie Volkova, May 22, 2005

  3. That wasn't the problem with me. I was using the Windows firewall.

    Now that I finally have the thing installed, my graphics are horrible.
    Can't understand why, they were great before.

    --
    Advanced Primate
    XP Pro 64 Bit O/S

    Advanced Primate, May 22, 2005
  4. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 22, 2005
  5. Yes, the ATI 64 bit. I'm running an X800 XL. Doom 3, Call of Duty, Half
    Life 2 all work great. It almost seems like the graphics are stuck on low.
    Changing them within the program makes little difference.

    Advanced Primate, May 22, 2005
  6. There were reported issues with Farcry and configuration of settings -
    Tried automatic detection yet?

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 23, 2005
  7. Well now this gets more interesting. I had orginally installed on XP 32 on
    another partition. I removed that version and reinstalled from XP 64. My
    original games were saved. It's only the igraphics in the main menu that
    are blurry. My save games seem to be fine once I load them.

    Auto detect makes no difference....at least on the main menu.

    Advanced Primate
    XP Pro 64 Bit O/S

    Advanced Primate, May 23, 2005
  8. In my case, it was tiny firewall. Once removed, no problem at all. Quite
    strange because, of course, I have other 32bit process runing and only TF
    was an issue.
    From time to time, I have a problem with my creative SB Live! (with 64bit
    drivers)

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 23, 2005
  9. Advanced Primate

    bp Guest

    bp, May 23, 2005