FAQ - Tweak Windows XP Services for Better Security & Performance

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harrison, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Harrison

    °Mike° Guest

    Not a lot.
    I tend to reply directly to the person I'm calling, not talk
    about them behind their backs, to another poster - unless
    it's a troll, or killfile fodder, of course. Since you seem to
    have *some* idea of what went on, I'll assume I'm not
    in your killfile.
    "...hasn't posted SPAM as such... but it's so akin to spam"?
    WTF does *that* mean? Either it's spam, or it isn't.
    Bullshit. Most people who pull people up for repeat postings,
    do so politely, and because the OP usually can't be bothered
    to read replies.
    No, you didn't, you just listened to Hawk, who can't count.
    No, it's not. Go back and count.
    Translation: just as he will to any post he gets the
    chance to jump on, especially if he has had a prior spat
    with that person. It's his style; it's his history; it's there
    to be seen.
    There was *nothing* wrong in what I did.
    If you think that, please prove me wrong, and point me to a
    source of information, or an AUP that states what I did was
    in any way wrong.

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Harrison

    Paul - xxx Guest

    °Mike° tried to scribble ...
    I guessed ..
    Did I call you ? hmm, I don't think so.

    Nope you aren't in my killfile.
    OK, it isn't spam, but it is similar to spam. You repeatedly posted the
    same website URL. You didn't try to make monetary gain, which makes it not
    spam, but it _is_ just as annoying as getting however many exactly similar
    posts ..
    It appears we disagree ..
    I reckon multiple postings, all exactly the same, in reply to the same
    poster no matter what a twat they are, are wrong, whether it's you posting
    multiple posts or anyone else for that matter.
    I _think_ you're wrong .. How in hell can I prove that ? See the reply just
    above.

    Paul - xxx, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Harrison

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    He said just after he and mara had a mutual masturbation
    fest making fun of me. OH Funny!

    <snip the rest of Mikey's lame spin tactics>

    -= Hawk =-, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Harrison

    °Mike° Guest

    Maybe so, but you were griping *about* me to Miggsee.
    I repeatedly post many website urls. BFD.
    It appears you don't read the group often enough.
    So, you just want to sling any old numbers and inaccurate
    bullshit about, just like Hawk?

    If Harrison hadn't posted his "FAQ"s one after the other,
    neither would my replies have been one after the other.
    And you think that proves what?

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Harrison

    Miggsee Guest

    Miggsee, Oct 21, 2003
  6. It was on Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:50:14 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Mara made this utterance:
    The only thing that's pointed, is his head.
    As do I.

    William Poaster, Oct 21, 2003
  7. It was on Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:08:53 +0100, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that °Mike° made this utterance:
    "Gasbag" - Definition:
    [n] talks a great deal about uninteresting topics
    Synonyms: envelope, windbag
    See Also: bag, balloon, bore, dullard

    Yup, that about covers it!

    William Poaster, Oct 21, 2003
  8. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    Why, thank you. :)

    "This sig's for you."

    Mara, Oct 21, 2003
  9. It was on Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:16:30 +0100, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Paul - xxx made this utterance:
    Just as this is:-

    --
    Digweed
    '79 Beamish RL 250, '85 Swift Corvette,

    'Nuff said.

    William Poaster, Oct 21, 2003
  10. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    Oh, hell. I'll try again.

    "I'll blame the toothache."

    Mara, Oct 21, 2003
  11. Harrison

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Are you complaining about peoples sigs now?

    Ralph Mann, Oct 21, 2003
  12. Harrison

    Miggsee Guest

    :) You do understand................

    Thank you!!

    Miggsee, Oct 22, 2003
  13. Harrison

    Boomer Guest

    I would if there was a binary attached.

    Boomer, Oct 22, 2003
  14. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    You're welcome.

    Mara, Oct 22, 2003
  15. Harrison

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Boomer said:
    If WP had cut and pasted Paul's sig properly, I wouldn't have needed to
    cut/paste it myself, and OE-QF wouldn't have treated it that way.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 22, 2003
  16. Harrison

    Paul - xxx Guest

    °Mike° tried to scribble ...
    Heheheh, paranoia Mike, I was passing my opinion of your posts to this
    thread. If I were 'griping' I would have said something to you directly.

    Sheeit, all I did was pass an opinion to Miggsee expressing that though she
    disliked how Hawk posted, I disliked how you posted. An opinion, not a
    gripe, or something that can be proved.
    Can you comprehend what people say to you ? How can I prove what I 'think'
    or 'believe' ? My explanation for this thought or belief is posted above,
    it _cannot_ be proved. Jeez ....

    Paul - xxx, Oct 22, 2003
  17. Harrison

    Paul - xxx Guest

    William Poaster tried to scribble ...
    My sig is not spam, and is acceptable, by Usenet conventions, on all counts
    ... including size and line count (Thanks Mara) .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Oct 22, 2003
  18. It was on Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:18:01 +0100, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Paul - xxx made this utterance:
    Then so is Mike's.

    William Poaster, Oct 22, 2003
  19. Harrison

    gangle Guest

    And just as your sig was technically acceptable, so was ºMikeº's
    repetition of the Moron URL in answer to the repetition of
    idiotic posts starting with "FAQ." It was clear that, to anyone with
    a brain, knowledge of the history of this NG, and "without" some
    personal agenda, what ºMikeº was doing was making a cogent,
    pertinent, satiric statement by repeating what he did. (The satiri-
    zation of the FAQ *depended upon* the repetition!) There was
    nothing even remotely spam-like or improper about what he did
    *given the specific circumstances*.

    gangle, Oct 22, 2003
  20. Harrison

    Mara Guest

    Don't thank me yet. Remember that it was the bird who _also_ said:

    Yep. Those are his exact words. And _they're_ correct - unless the BI hits 20.
    In this case, they didn't. :)

    Mara, Oct 22, 2003