FALL PANOS LOVE THE 20D !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Nov 10, 2005.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Annika1980

    Scott W Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Took this one today after work:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original
    >
    > This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    > I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take a
    > little while.

    Wow, neat photo.

    57, that is more then I have done to date, the most I have stitched is
    39, I have to get to work.

    I love PTGui, now that they have it working well.

    If you don't have verison 5.4 you need to get it, it is wonderful.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Annika1980

    PcB Guest

    PcB, Nov 10, 2005
  4. Annika1980

    Donald Gray Guest

    On 9 Nov 2005 19:36:44 -0800, "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    >Took this one today after work:
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original
    >
    >This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    >I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take a
    >little while.

    Nice one!

    Love it....

    Donald Gray, Nov 10, 2005
  5. "Annika1980" <> wrote:
    > Took this one today after work:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original

    You've been there before<g>.

    > This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    > I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take a
    > little while.

    Sheesh. If you spent the time you'd spend stitching flipping burgers, you
    could buy yourself a 5D, and then the stitching would go a lot faster.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Nov 10, 2005
  6. Annika1980

    Mike Warren Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Took this one today after work:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original
    >
    > This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    > I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take
    > a little while.

    Nice photo Bret. We don't get colours like that around here.
    Do you mind if I try some strong Photoshop on it?

    --
    Mike Warren
    My web gallery: http://web.aanet.com.au/miwa/mike

    Mike Warren, Nov 10, 2005
  7. Annika1980

    U-Know-Who Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > Took this one today after work:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original
    >
    > This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    > I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take a
    > little while.

    Where was that picture taken?

    U-Know-Who, Nov 10, 2005
  8. Annika1980

    Cynicor Guest

    U-Know-Who wrote:
    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Took this one today after work:
    >>
    >>http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original
    >>
    >>This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    >>I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take a
    >>little while.

    > Where was that picture taken?

    I'm guessing it was taken from Snooper's Rock.

    Cynicor, Nov 10, 2005
  9. Annika1980

    Mike Warren Guest

    Cynicor wrote:
    >> Where was that picture taken?

    > I'm guessing it was taken from Snooper's Rock.

    LOL. Amazing deduction :)

    Mike Warren, Nov 10, 2005
  10. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >> Where was that picture taken?

    >I'm guessing it was taken from Snooper's Rock.

    Bingo! Someday I hope to get a handheld GPS unit. Then I can record
    the exact data for posterity.
    And with a program like Google Earth you'll be able to zoom in on the
    exact spot.

    Annika1980, Nov 10, 2005
  11. Annika1980

    Cynicor Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    >>>Where was that picture taken?

    >>I'm guessing it was taken from Snooper's Rock.

    > Bingo! Someday I hope to get a handheld GPS unit. Then I can record
    > the exact data for posterity.
    > And with a program like Google Earth you'll be able to zoom in on the
    > exact spot.

    Smugmug uses the Google API and lets you kind of do that with photos
    (but you have to enter the coordinates or place yourself). Example:
    http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/949751/1/43621293

    Cynicor, Nov 10, 2005
  12. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >> Where was that picture taken?
    >I'm guessing it was taken from Snooper's Rock.

    Near as I can figure using Google Earth:

    35° 06' 06.45" N
    85° 25' 26.09" W

    Annika1980, Nov 10, 2005
  13. Annika1980

    Ed Bigelow Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Took this one today after work:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original
    >
    > This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    > I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take a
    > little while.

    Nice image!! So far I haven't tamed PTGui, but look forward to comparing
    thae accuracy of 5.4 to other options...
    Ed

    Ed Bigelow, Nov 10, 2005
  14. Annika1980

    Donald Gray Guest

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:23:25 -0500, Cynicor
    <> wrote:

    >U-Know-Who wrote:
    >> "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Took this one today after work:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original
    >>>
    >>>This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    >>>I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take a
    >>>little while.

    >> Where was that picture taken?

    >I'm guessing it was taken from Snooper's Rock.

    OK, but there are other folk out here who haven't a clue wher
    Snooper's Rock is....!

    Donald Gray, Nov 10, 2005
  15. Annika1980

    Donald Gray Guest

    On 10 Nov 2005 11:08:42 -0800, "Annika1980" <>
    wrote:

    >>> Where was that picture taken?

    >>I'm guessing it was taken from Snooper's Rock.

    >Near as I can figure using Google Earth:
    >
    >35° 06' 06.45" N
    >85° 25' 26.09" W

    Thank you!

    Donald Gray, Nov 10, 2005
  16. Annika1980

    JohnR66 Guest

    Where's Bob Hope?

    JohnR66, Nov 10, 2005
  17. Annika1980

    Rich Guest

    Rich, Nov 11, 2005
  18. Annika1980

    Cynicor Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > On 9 Nov 2005 19:36:44 -0800, "Annika1980" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Took this one today after work:
    >>
    >>http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original
    >>
    >>This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    >>I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take a
    >>little while.

    > Nice shot! What a symmetrical river valley that is.
    > -Rich
    >
    > This is a 10 image pano.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/49701431

    I forgot how many I used for this one. And I also forgot to keep
    foreground images out of panos when I was taking them.
    http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/819302/1/43977214

    Cynicor, Nov 11, 2005
  19. Annika1980

    Rich Guest

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:57:33 -0500, Cynicor
    <> wrote:

    >Rich wrote:
    >> On 9 Nov 2005 19:36:44 -0800, "Annika1980" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Took this one today after work:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.pbase.com/image/52044733/original
    >>>
    >>>This one was a simple 6-image stitch using PTGui.
    >>>I'm working on a 57-image pano of the same shot. That one might take a
    >>>little while.

    >> Nice shot! What a symmetrical river valley that is.
    >> -Rich
    >>
    >> This is a 10 image pano.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/49701431

    >I forgot how many I used for this one. And I also forgot to keep
    >foreground images out of panos when I was taking them.
    >http://trupin.smugmug.com/gallery/819302/1/43977214

    It's an interesting composition. Foreground objects tend to add
    "depth."
    -Rich

    Rich, Nov 12, 2005