    preferences that you have as you seach through the internet? are they
    paid by advertisement companies?
    Just curious!

    aniramca, Jun 18, 2006

  2. aniramca

    Stacey Guest

    I haven't the slightest idea. But have you looked these companies up with a
    search. Then you should figure it out that way. Now as far as flashing
    adverts(which Google doesn't use) I think you might have some adware on your
    computer.

    Stacey

    Stacey, Jun 18, 2006

  3. aniramca

    Georgie Guest

    Akamai is kind of a hosting compnay for big traffic websites, loads of big
    companies use them to mirror data. Don't worry about them. Dont know what
    falkag is, could be the same idea

    Georgie, Jun 18, 2006
  4. aniramca

    rajmicro78 Guest

    Falkag is same as google adword and google adsense.

    rajmicro78, Jun 19, 2006
  5. aniramca

    Todd H. Guest

    Akamai is not to feared, really. They're a clever caching and content
    delivery and load balancing service that mirrors data for large web
    sites and delivers data to ya quickly by feeding you data from servers
    that are "near" to your IP address. So, if you're in say, Indiana
    USA, akamai's technology feeds you a google IP address that
    corresponds to a server that's near you in Indiana so your data comes
    quicker than say, if it were all served off a central server.

    More here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai

    Todd H., Jun 19, 2006