    Here's a sample 1:1 crop of some sky, it's not the best example but
    hopefully the lines are apparent.

    http://media.sensationcontent.com/rowan/300D-horizontal-lines.tif

    Rowan Crowe, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Rowan Crowe

    k Guest

    k, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Rowan Crowe

    Mark M Guest

    It's 259.9KB.

    Mark M, Jul 28, 2004
  4. Rowan Crowe

    Jim Townsend Guest

    The image is 340x247.. It's thumbnail size.. Too small to see
    any detail.

    Try at least 800x600 using JPEG.

    Jim Townsend, Jul 28, 2004
  5. Can't tell from your sample. I have a 300D and sometimes get faint
    horizontal lines from my printer, but never see them on my monitor.

    Charles Schuler, Jul 28, 2004
  6. Rowan Crowe

    scott Guest

    Zoom in, the lines are very small, like 6 or 7 pixels, but certainly looks
    wrong and different to my photos from my 300D.

    scott, Jul 28, 2004
  7. Rowan Crowe

    eawckyegcy Guest

    eawckyegcy, Jul 28, 2004
  8. Those look like jpeg artifacts from really high compression settings. (Yes,
    I know it's a tiff, but once you've got jpeg artifacts, saving as tiff won't
    get rid of them.)

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Jul 28, 2004
  9. Rowan Crowe

    Alfred Molon Guest

    My personal guess is that you shot that image at a high ISO and that the
    camera applied a lot of colour noise reduction. When you apply a lot of
    colour noise reduction you get that effect.

    Alfred Molon, Jul 28, 2004
  10. Rowan Crowe

    sinatraesque Guest

    Rowan,
    Can you go into photoshop and look at the individual red, green, and blue
    channels? You may find one of them is inordinately noisy. But post a full
    size JPG or a crop (at 100%) then maybe we could figure it out.

    sinatraesque, Jul 29, 2004
  11. Rowan Crowe

    Glen F Guest

    My personal guess is that you shot that image at a high ISO and that the
    Sure looks noisy. Even just the interaction of jpeging and noise might
    produce strange artefacts.

    Glen F, Jul 29, 2004
  12. Rowan Crowe

    usenet Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Rowan Crowe) stated
    that:
    The only faults I can see in that crop are lots of fine (5-10 pixel)
    compression artifacts, that look a bit like lots of tiny scratches. If
    that's what you're talking about, the problem is that you're
    over-compressing your images. If you're shooting JPEGs (rather than
    RAW), you should check the image quality settings you're using in both
    the camera & whatever software you're using to process your photos.

    usenet, Jul 29, 2004