--Faint hope for Minolta DSLR? -new info

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alan Browne, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    http://www.aliasimages.com/images/MinoltaReplyw.jpg (150 KB)

    Is the reply I received after writing a pointed letter to Minolta in Japan.

    While they use phrases like:

    "...we are studying such product as carrying uniqueness that only Konica
    Minolta can realize..." and "..regret ... specific announcement cannot
    be given yet., "

    faint hope comes from ...

    "...is earnestly pursuing the development and will inform... early part
    of next year."

    So, on the one hand a pretty standard non-answer, but the promisse that
    something will be announced is included.

    Your interpretation of the letter?

    Alan

    Alan Browne, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Alan Browne

    Ed E. Guest

    Your interpretation of the letter?

    I do wish Minolta stays alive. But that letter reminds me of the joke:
    "How do you keep a fool in suspense? I'll tell you tomorrow." In this case,
    they'll tell you early next year.

    Ed E., Nov 11, 2003

  3. Alan Browne

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Your interpretation of the letter?

    "When the Cubs and Red Sox meet in the World Series ... "

    Bill Hilton, Nov 11, 2003
  4. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Thanks for label.

    Alan Browne, Nov 11, 2003
  5. Alan Browne

    Ed E. Guest

    Thanks for label.

    Hey - what are friends for? ;->

    Ed E., Nov 11, 2003
  6. Alan Browne

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I own Minolta lenses but it seems a little late to enter the DSLR market unless
    they have some super technology and I doubt that.

    If they don't announce anything at PMA in February, I sell all my Minolta
    equipment and go with the next DSLR generation from Canon.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Nov 11, 2003