    Can the failover be configured on the outside interface or does it have to
    use a dedicated interface for the heartbeat

    Thanks

    The Entitty, Dec 6, 2003

  2. I'm not sure what you mean by "ver5", but in 6.3 you can use LAN-based
    failover. However, the documentation states you may use any "unused"
    interface. So, no you cannot use the outside interface per Cisco's
    recommendation.

    "Ethernet connection ("LAN-based failover")-You can use any unused Ethernet
    interface on the device. If the units are further than six feet apart, use
    this method. We recommend that you connect this link through a dedicated
    switch. You cannot use a crossover Ethernet cable to link the units
    directly. "

    HTH,

    Mike

    Mike Gallagher, Dec 7, 2003

  3. The Entitty

    Rik Bain Guest

    Usure of the question....are you asking about stateful failover and
    whether you can use the outside interface for failover link?

    Rik Bain, Dec 8, 2003
  4. Actually, LAN-based failover was introduced in 6.2. So either 6.2 or 6.3
    will give you LAN-based failover if that is what you are looking for.

    Mike

    Mike Gallagher, Dec 9, 2003