Failover and Load balancing with 1 Cable connection and one T1 connection on Cisco 2801 router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ranga, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. Ranga

    Ranga Guest

    Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am very very new to
    Cisco routing and Cisco equipment, so please be patient with me if I
    ask obvious / newbie questions.

    I am trying to figure out if it is possible to set up the following
    scenario.
    1 Cisco router 2801
    1 T1 Connection - Internet service provider point to point connection
    1 Cable connection - VPN to internet service provider via comcast.

    I would like to see if it is possible to setup fail over and if
    possible load balancing with the above equipment. I have all the wic
    cards installed. All i need to know is how the failover would work and
    if its possible seeing as i have static routes.

    Please respond with any questions to further clarify and your input. I
    really appreciate everyone's patience and input.

    Ranga

    Ranga, Nov 13, 2006

  2. Ranga

    CK Guest

    Which IOS version are you runnning on CISCO Router 2801?

    CK

    CK, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Ranga

    Ranga Guest

    IOS 12.3

    Ranga, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Ranga

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Nov 13, 2006
  5. Ranga

    Ranga Guest

    Thanks a lot,
    I will look into this tonight and let you know if I have further

    Ranga, Nov 13, 2006