Failed Authentication, Status "Unsupported Authentication Algorithm"

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rafael, Nov 26, 2004.

  1. Rafael

    Rafael Guest

    Hi,

    I have a Cisco Aironet 350 Series Access Point (version 11.07) on a
    customer site. The customer is using this with HP WL500 wireless LAN
    PCI cards (802.11a/b/g).

    The cards associate/authenticate with the access point succesfully and
    the users can all access network resources as expected. They have no
    complaints!
    However every time any machine is switched on, I am getting the
    following from the access point:

    9 days, 15:18:52 Info Station [10.3.2.142]0020e091248b Associated
    9 days, 15:18:52 Info Station [10.3.2.142]0020e091248b Authenticated
    9 days, 15:18:52 Warning Station [10.3.2.142]0020e091248b Failed
    Authentication, status "Unsupported Authentication Algorithm"
    9 days, 15:18:48 Info Deauthentication from [10.3.2.142]0020e091248b,
    reason "Sender is Leaving (has left) ESS"

    As mentioned, it all seems to be working as it should but these
    warnings are annoying. Please could someone advise me of what might be
    causing them? Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

    I saw somewhere that these warnings might be caused by Prism 2/2.5
    based cards when used with Cisco access points but I can't find out if
    these cards are Prism 2/2.5 based or not!

    Any help **very much** appreciated.

    Rafael, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Rafael

    Bart Guest

    disable the 802.1X authentication ( which is standard enabled in XP)

    Bart, Nov 26, 2004