    Andy Petro Guest

    Cannot get facebook using Internet Explorer but can if I use Google Chrome
    ..Any suggestions ?

    Andy Petro, Dec 27, 2013

  2. Andy Petro

    Paul Guest

    It's possible for a user to block a website, from within Internet Explorer.

    http://www.ehow.com/how_6900785_block-facebook-internet-explorer-6.html

    Instructions

    1. Launch Internet Explorer 6.
    Click "Tools" in the main menu bar.
    Scroll down and choose "Internet Options."
    2. Click the "Privacy" tab. Click the "Sites" button.
    3. Type "www.facebook.com" and click the "Block" button.
    Click the "OK" button.
    4. Close all windows and restart your browser.

    While you can block Facebook using the "hosts" file, that
    would have blocked all browsers, not just IE. I use such
    a scheme here - the only blocking I do in "hosts", is
    actually for facebook related sites.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 27, 2013

  3. Andy Petro

    thekmanrocks Guest

    What Windows version?

    What IExplorer version? I have 9.0 - occasionally will take up to 1min for FB to appear after a frozen white browser window. Happens only with FB so I'd blame Facebook before blaming your setup or mine.

    thekmanrocks, Dec 27, 2013