    people put a fake one there. This is only for newsgroups by the way.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 7, 2013

  2. Dick Head I did not INSULT any one...

    Frank Williams, Jul 7, 2013

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I'm not worried, it can stay there.

    geopelia, Jul 7, 2013
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I didn't feel insulted. You should see some of the things poor old Ras
    called me, before I blocked him.
    He's probably still fulminating away, but now I can't see it.

    I know I'm dumb where computers are concerned!

    geopelia, Jul 7, 2013
  5. geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    Indeed.

    Gordon, Jul 7, 2013
  6. geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    EMB, this is not like you. Roger is okay. Sometimes he puts the bullet right
    through the bulls eye.

    Gordon, Jul 7, 2013
  7. geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    No way, playing the person is never a good idea. I disagree with many
    people, however it is their ideas I agree with. Not that I wished them dead.

    No. Just slow, at best Geo.
    Maybe, but we are all spirits in a body when alive. Spirits only when dead.
    Go study religions, the old ones.
    Genes, and money. For health care. her Mother passed 100 years.

    Gordon, Jul 7, 2013

  8. I do suggests is better to stay with Emails and Skype is a lot more
    fun and private to.

    As no one has explain it the Network is overloaded and can run like a
    Dog, like is the US 30% of all data is Streaming Videos..

    So the network speed changes all the time, some times I can get 1Mbps
    and other time down to 30K from the same site.

    High Speed broad band here will only fix local content, but do we need
    the Internet to feed Video to the home, Satellite is far far better, but
    can be a problem for HD broadcasts, as it needs a lot more bandwidth.

    And don't forget 1080i is only 540 lines double up.

    Frank Williams, Jul 7, 2013
  9. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I didn't grow up with computers, like the kids today.
    Wicca, or Mithras? I know a bit about the old Greek and Roman religions, of
    course.
    I've just read the Pope's latest, on the internet.
    And I'm half way through the Koran.
    I doubt if a spirit or soul can exist without a physical brain though.

    geopelia, Jul 7, 2013
  10. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you. I haven't tried Skype yet.
    Facebook was fine until a few days ago.

    geopelia, Jul 7, 2013
  11. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    Quite possibly/probably your old PC. Facebook uses a *massive* amount
    of client-side script (Javascript). ie this runs locally - on your PC.

    If you are using Windows XP, you may well want to try a better and
    faster browser, such as Google Chrome. (Internet Explorer 7 isn't the
    best :( )

    So try it, you can always uninstall Google Chrome anytime if you wish.

    http://chrome.google.com

    Dave Doe, Jul 8, 2013
  12. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    If you fire off enough shots there's a reasonable chance that one or two
    will hit a target.....
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
    [Sent from my OrbitalT ocular implant interface.]

    ~misfit~, Jul 8, 2013
  13. geopelia

    Richard Guest

    To answer the actual question of the thread, I have seen some delays
    when typing recently that I think are to do with all the scripts to
    match friends names as you type. Not too bad tho, possibly just a letter
    or two behind where I am typing.

    Richard, Jul 8, 2013
  14. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Mine isn't too bad just now, it starts off normally and then slows down and
    several words appear at a time, after a while.
    Good to know though that it isn't only me.
    Thank you
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jul 8, 2013
  15. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I got a new computer a few months ago.
    Everything on the old one is supposed to be here, but sometimes I have to
    hunt all over the place to find anything.
    There are a lot of adverts down the right hand side of Facebook, and
    annoying stuff comes up among the messages.
    I've got it on Friends and Family.
    I've seen something about Google Chrome appear sometimes. Do I just click on
    it next time it appears?
    If it's complicated I'll have to get the computer man.
    I'm finding everything I want just on Google.
    I had a look at that website but it doesn't say much about Chrome.

    geopelia, Jul 8, 2013
  16. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I didn't see it as insulting me personally.

    People use Facebook for different purposes, just as they use Google.

    geopelia, Jul 9, 2013
  17. I didn't see it as insulting me personally.[/QUOTE]

    I thought it was rude (as is often the case with roger).

    And for completeness, I don't use it at all - nor will I (they want too much
    information I'm not prepared to provide :) ).
    Doesn't make roger right tho. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 10, 2013
  18. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Poor old Ras in nz.general used to be very rude, even using obscene words,
    until I blocked his posts.
    I don't know what he may be calling me now.
    I thought "Babylonian witch" was rather funny though.
    I've provided very little. "Retired" is about all that's on my profile.
    And I've got Friends and Family, not the general public.

    geopelia, Jul 10, 2013
  19. I rather like insults that are a least a bit clever/new. I like that one
    and may well steal it. :)
    Insults that use a small number of often repeated and usually small words
    will get the poster into the bit bucket fairly smartly on the other hand.
    All noise and no signal. :)

    Yep. And I don't use google either for pretty much the same reasons I don't
    use facebook etc (try duckduckgo as your search engine ...
    https://duckduckgo.com/)

    Sadly, facebook do not treat data securely in any way. Neither can you
    delete your data or account (for example). I reckon facebook is the
    question, not the answer ... the answer is "no". :)
    Also sadly, facebook are not alone in their poor practices ... and even more
    sadly for me, no one seems to care.

    Oh well. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 10, 2013
  20. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Most of what I post there is a comment on somebody else's post.

    Now it seems to have fixed whatever the problem was. It appeared as I typed
    the letters, tonight.
    I think it must have been their end, as I haven't done anything to the
    computer.

    geopelia, Jul 10, 2013