    Facebook again.
    Is there a simpler way than closing Facebook down, getting Google, and then
    going back to Facebook?

    geopelia, Mar 24, 2014

  2. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    You should be able to open another tab in the browser (that is when you
    are in Facebook). Near the top of the browser there should a "dimmed
    out" tab next to the tab you have open, probably just under the title
    bar in the browser, possibly with a plus sign on it. I don't use
    Internet Explorer, but this is true in Chrome and Firefox.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 25, 2014

  3. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Those (and right-clicking and choosing the appropiate sub-menu option)
    will work for a link on a website you want to open in a new "page", but
    not to get a new blank "page".

    Depending on the web browser being used, to get a new blank "page" you
    can:
    - hold down the Control key and press t to get a new
    browser "tab" (sub-window) in the same browser window
    (each sub-windows has its own file-tab near the top
    of the window, clicking on those changes which
    sub-window you see)
    or
    - hold down the Control key and press n to get an new
    browser window (usually appears over the top of the
    current one, so to get back to the original you have
    to close it or use the Start bar across the bottom
    of the screen)

    The Control key is labeled as CTRL on some keyboards (Apple keyboards
    just have it labelled with an idiotic symbol instead - one of a few
    silly decisions by Apple :-\).

    I have noticed at one place I do work that both Firefox and Internet
    Explorer (not sure which versions, but installed on the Windows 7
    computers) are extremely bad user-interface designs with all the usual
    options "hidden" in silly and/or difficult to find places.

    Your Name, Mar 25, 2014
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geoff" wrote in message

    Geop, Again, this is nothing to do with Win7 or XP. It is a function of
    your internet browser.

    What internet browser are you using ? On most (all ?) You simply add a
    bookmark for Google and CTRL-Click (or wheel-button click) it to open
    Google on a new tab.

    geoff

    Thank you.
    I tried that. It gets Google, but I have to close Facebook to get it.
    I want Google to come up while I'm still working on Facebook.

    geopelia, Mar 25, 2014
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" wrote in message
    You should be able to open another tab in the browser (that is when you
    are in Facebook). Near the top of the browser there should a "dimmed
    out" tab next to the tab you have open, probably just under the title
    bar in the browser, possibly with a plus sign on it. I don't use
    Internet Explorer, but this is true in Chrome and Firefox.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Thank you. I can't see any dimmed out tab.

    geopelia, Mar 25, 2014
  6. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Your Name" wrote in message

    Those (and right-clicking and choosing the appropiate sub-menu option)
    will work for a link on a website you want to open in a new "page", but
    not to get a new blank "page".

    Depending on the web browser being used, to get a new blank "page" you
    can:
    - hold down the Control key and press t to get a new
    browser "tab" (sub-window) in the same browser window
    (each sub-windows has its own file-tab near the top
    of the window, clicking on those changes which
    sub-window you see)

    Thank you. Pressing Ctrl and t worked.

    geopelia, Mar 25, 2014