    They belonged to a private collector who took good care and made sure that
    all of the inserts were kept in new condition.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6312123672

    encoremusic, Aug 2, 2004

  2. encoremusic

    Wade365 Guest

    With the Season sets coming, why? The season box will take up dramatically less
    space for starters...

    Wade365, Aug 2, 2004

  3. encoremusic

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Wade365 wrote:
    :: With the Season sets coming, why? The season box will take up
    :: dramatically less space for starters...

    So he can unload his and buy the season sets, obviously.

    When are the season sets due?

    Roger Zoul, Aug 2, 2004
  4. encoremusic

    encoremusic Guest

    Actually these were purchased from an individual. I guarantee that you won't
    be able to purchase the sets for $100.00 when they come out.

    encoremusic, Aug 2, 2004
  5. encoremusic

    jayembee Guest

    says...
    Yes, obviously hoping that there's at least one person who (a) hasn't
    heard of the season sets coming out, or (b) figures they can pick up
    the 40-disc set cheap.
    Season 1: August 31
    Season 2: November 2
    Season 3: December 7

    Supposedly, simultaneous with the S3 release is a big complete-series
    mega-set, though I'm not sure it's been confirmed.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Aug 3, 2004
  6. encoremusic

    TSKO Guest

    Well...since every other ST box set has been priced at $100, I am willing to
    bet the OS will be priced the same......and this comes from a guy who owns
    the 40 dvd's of the original series..... I would go w/ less space it would
    take and buy the box set for probably $100

    TSKO, Aug 3, 2004
  7. encoremusic

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    BUT if you didn't have the 40 disk set, would you pay, say, 150 for it.
    That's likely to be half the price of the three individual seasons of
    the series. I'm not a big fan of the original series and probably wont
    buy it (unless my wife wants it) but 100-125 seems like a reasonable
    price for the 40 disk set right now.

    dick
    -- depending of course on what extras are included

    Dick Sidbury, Aug 3, 2004
  8. encoremusic

    Alan Figgatt Guest

    A quick check on Amazon shows the list price for the TOS Season box
    set as $130, pre-order price from Amazon at $84.49 USD. So, yes, it will
    likely be around $100 to $110 at BB and CC type stores.

    The real question is whether they have remastered the original source
    or are just repackaging the original DVD material. Were the single DVD
    releases with 2 episodes each of good video quality? If so, then maybe
    they don't need to remaster it.

    Alan Figgatt, Aug 4, 2004
  9. encoremusic

    TSKO Guest

    I personally think that the video on the single dvd's looked great....

    TSKO, Aug 4, 2004
  10. encoremusic

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Particularly when you consider that, at $15 each, the set cost $600 to complete.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 4, 2004
  11. encoremusic

    Jordan Lund Guest

    IIRC the original DVD release was the same as the re-mastered Sci-Fi airings.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 4, 2004