    Once more doing everything to elevate yourself, claiming you are so
    wonderful compared to me. Something of a self-reinforcing delusion, wouldn't
    you say?

    Clare Quilty, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Like I said, no explanation is due you.

    No. Now get lost.

    SpeedyByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 8, 2003

  3. Clare Quilty

    Mike McGee Guest

    Huh? I said that your claim in not true. That's a FACT, not an opinion.
    There is no audio sync issue with this disc. None. Perhaps there was a
    bad batch, but I'm telling you, I actually have this disc, and there is
    no audio problem.

    Also, take your own advice. You don't know why it was recalled either.
    Don't shoot down someone's post and make it personal just because you
    are wrong. Relax.

    Mike McGee, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Shhhhhhhhhh!!! I wasn't talking to you. Now scoot!

    SpeedyByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 8, 2003
  5. Clare Quilty

    Clare Quilty Guest

    Don't shoot down someone's post and make it personal just because you
    Mike, this dullard couldn't shoot down someone's post if his life depended
    on it. His weak little snipes have been the most pathetic display of
    intellectual debate I have ever witnessed. To call him childish would prove
    an insult to children! He is basically just a troll, and I would pay him no
    more mind Mike. Nice website BTW .. keep up the good work!

    Clare Quilty, Oct 10, 2003

  6. Don't shoot someone's post down just because you're wrong.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 10, 2003
  7. Clare Quilty

    Mike McGee Guest

    Thanks for the kind words about our site! :)

    Mike McGee, Oct 17, 2003
  8. Clare Quilty

    Jim Guest

    It looks good and doesn't have technical problems I can see, but there
    are half a dozen gaffes (some fairly distracting) that the studio may
    want to edit out of the re-release. I'm just guessing because I don't
    know how common that is. Most of the mistakes are noted at
    www.moviemistakes.com

    One of the biggest bloopers is director Spielberg's reflection in the
    phone booth during the snake-lady sequence. You can also see what's
    presumably his hair in the rear view mirror during the grade-climbing
    scene where Weaver keeps yelling "come on!!!" Other glitches are
    shadows of the cameraman and some stray hand waving, but those are
    minor.

    For anyone who can't wait, here are some clean sound clips from the
    disc: http://bmnr10.tripod.com/duel_sounds.htm

    Jim

    Jim, Oct 20, 2003
  9. Clare Quilty

    Jim Guest

    The disc is technically fine, but I'm inclined to think there are too
    many visual gaffes where you can see the filmmakers by accident. Check
    out my other post on this.

    Does anyone know of a DVD being recalled because of excessive crew
    bloopers? With CGI and all, they can erase most of those after the
    fact now. I am seeing things on this DVD that I never noticed on the
    TV or tape releases, but I could have overlooked them before.

    Jim

    Jim, Oct 20, 2003