    the top bidder. :)

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Other/auction-15529388.htm

    Kind regards... Clark

    Clark Mills, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Clark Mills

    thing Guest

    lol...

    bugger cant afford $1750...

    :/

    oh well

    Interesting that its only new users bidding....

    Thing

    thing, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Clark Mills

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Hi Clark, it's Lydia's friend Nik, just saying hello :)

    Nik Coughin, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Andrew Bryson, Sep 14, 2004
  5. Clark Mills

    thing Guest

    Probably outside most ppls pockets.

    can you buy/swap "private" plates?

    regards

    thing

    thing, Sep 14, 2004
  6. Clark Mills

    Clark Mills Guest

    Hi thing, sure can.

    To be honest I don't know how the "Investment Plates" thing works though
    but that's a different kettle of fish.

    Kind regards... Clark

    Clark Mills, Sep 14, 2004
  7. Clark Mills

    Kent Smith Guest

    I'd trust a user with no feedback bidding $2000+ on an auction, wouldn't
    you?

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Sep 14, 2004
  8. Clark Mills

    Chris Hope Guest

    You can buy/swap personalised plates but not the standard issue type ones
    (ie the ones like AHR525). There are a few places they can be sold
    including websites like the Personalised Plates one (of which I am the
    webmaster) and magazines like auto trader. But they can be sold any which
    way you want including on auction sites like TradeMe.

    Chris Hope, Sep 15, 2004
  9. Clark Mills

    Chris Hope Guest

    You're right - they're a different kettle of fish :)

    They are a bunch of "special" plates with 1 or 2 number/letter combinations
    and then some other ones with eg repeating letters and number like say
    000999. They were created with a whole range of pricing values down to only
    a few thousand. But like with any of these types of "investments" it's all
    down to perceived value. As an example "Z" is curently listed on the
    Personalised Plates site for $250k and "J" for $130k. You can tell the
    investement ones on a car as they are blue instead of the standard black
    (although there's now also red plates, but they don't indicate any special
    investment type status; they just look cool).

    Chris Hope, Sep 15, 2004
  10. Clark Mills

    thing Guest

    Well if he pays up....