    Quick question...what are these eyeglasses and red print about? Or have I
    set something that I am unaware of?
    Thanks in advance.

    BooBoo, Oct 14, 2003

  2. BooBoo

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BooBoo said:
    That you are watching a thread.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003

  3. BooBoo

    BooBoo Guest

    BooBoo, Oct 14, 2003
  4. BooBoo

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BooBoo said:

    That you have marked a thread as of particular interest to you, and it will be
    shown as red to make it stand out.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  5. BooBoo

    Ionizer Guest

    On this topic: The 24hoursupport.helpdesk folder in my OE is highlighted in
    red, but there are no threads within the folder that I can find which are
    still highlighted. I've tried deleting all downloaded messages and
    un-watching (if that's a word) all the old dead threads but the group is
    still highlighted. How do I correct this very minor annoyance?

    Thanks,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 14, 2003
  6. BooBoo

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Ionizer said:
    Have you tried reseting the group to reload the original message that was
    slected?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  7. BooBoo

    Boomer Guest

    Here's some reading for you. :)
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/how.htm

    Boomer, Oct 14, 2003
  8. BooBoo

    BooBoo Guest

    BooBoo, Oct 14, 2003
  9. BooBoo

    Boomer Guest

    You're welcome. :)

    Boomer, Oct 14, 2003
  10. BooBoo

    Patrick Guest

    As per my understanding, if say you had this thread 'watched', then if I was
    to make a new post with the same subject, my post would be chucked into this
    thread but would be shown in black, whereas the 24hshd would show that you
    had an unread 'watched' post, as soon as you read my post the red-watched
    status would go. In other words it's a mistake by OE.

    Anyway something like what I say !

    Patrick, Oct 14, 2003
  11. BooBoo

    Patrick Guest

    I just tested said (in a test group), and actually it done the opposite of
    what I said.
    The thread was marked red, but the group was black !

    Patrick, Oct 14, 2003
  12. BooBoo

    Patrick Guest

    In the IE help menu under 'Index' tab, type 'watching conversations' or/and
    'ignoring conversations'

    Patrick, Oct 14, 2003
  13. BooBoo

    Patrick Guest

    In the OE help... (me made a boo-boo) :)

    Patrick, Oct 14, 2003
  14. BooBoo

    Bryan Guest

    Lucky Boo-Boo ;)

    Bryan, Oct 14, 2003
  15. BooBoo

    trout Guest

    Try View > Sort by > Watch/Ignore. That should put any 'watched'
    messages at the 'top of the list'. You *may* have also have to go to
    Current View > and untick "Group messages by Conversation" to find it.

    trout, Oct 14, 2003
  16. BooBoo

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In
    While a message in a thread is highlited (clicked on, opened :) you can
    go to Message/Watch Conversation, which will make the red and eyeglasses
    show. To get rid of the eyeglasses and red highlighting, untick the
    Watch Conversation.

    Juan Pérez, Oct 15, 2003