[Eye Candy] That's All Folks!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pedro Verne, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. Pedro Verne

    Pedro Verne Guest

    Pedro Verne, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Brian C. Baird, Jun 28, 2004

  3. (Pedro Verne) wrote in
    Bye Steve.

    Richard Cockburn, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Pedro Verne

    Alan D-W Guest

    ^^^ Site cannot be found. Rather similar to your brain Preddy.

    Alan D-W, Jun 28, 2004
  5. This is not Preddy - a totally different guy (or doll).

    This one even cross posts.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jun 28, 2004
  6. Pedro Verne

    Thad Guest

    It works in my browser OK. Try it again.

    Thad, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Pedro Verne

    Alan D-W Guest

    Yup, got it now. My ISP has had probs over the last coouple of days.
    I see it leads to his mission photo pbase site. What a dick.

    Alan D-W, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Pedro Verne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Considering your first posting on the subject (follow link
    below), we are undewhelmed with the result.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T68212CA8

    OTOH it is head and shoulders above anything ever seen posted by TP.

    Alan Browne, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Pedro Verne

    Thad Guest

    Me thinks this SG guy started this whole Preddy/Sigma thing to draw
    attention to himself, with the ultimate goal of promoting his site in
    order to sell prints.

    Thad, Jun 28, 2004
  10. Pedro Verne

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Have to wait quite a while; then you get redirected to
    pbase.

    Don't bother waiting.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Jun 28, 2004
  11. Yeah right. The last thing I need is a poster print of the Alamo over
    my fireplace - taken with a Sigma?!!?

    -Simon Wellington

    Simone Wellington, Jun 28, 2004
  12. Pedro Verne

    Thad Guest

    It might very well be him. The IP points to a server in Texas, just like
    George and Georgette Preddy.

    Thad, Jun 28, 2004
  13. Pedro Verne

    Mark B. Guest

    Well, isn't this interesting. The link above is actually the same one below
    (missionphoto). The little girl in both galleries appears to be the same.

    Mark B., Jun 28, 2004
  14. Pedro Verne

    Crownfield Guest

    and now we see what mediocre means.

    Crownfield, Jun 29, 2004
  15. Alan,

    While I can understand what you are trying to say, and why, I do not
    believe that not posting pictures - in the context of an equipment NG -
    is in itself a valid reason for criticism. I very much doubt, for
    example, that you have ever seen a picture of mine, since I only do
    prints and have never posted anything on the web. Whilst it is something
    I mean to get around to when I have time, and I feel slightly remiss for
    my lack of energy, I don't think such a failure devalues anyone's
    contributions.

    I mention this mainly to minimise the risk that anyone will be put off
    asking for, or giving, help here just because they have no gallery.

    Regards,

    David

    PS - I cut down the number of cross postings - no point in expressing my
    views in places I never inhabit!

    David Littlewood, Jun 29, 2004
  16. Pedro Verne

    Alan Browne Guest

    David Littlewood wrote:

    I don't disagree in principle with you David. However you are
    polite, urbane, modest, intelligent and probably handsome too.
    The reason I (and others) hone in on TP is that he is such a rude
    and critical asshole, that the Americanisms "All hat, no cattle"
    and "He talks the talk, but does he walk the walk" come directly
    into the foreground.

    The reason he backlashes at me is simply because I steadfastly
    will not let him off the hook. This makes me a target for him.

    Because he takes such a position, his credentials do indeed bear
    examination. The only credential that counts here is
    photographs. So we await indication of his ability.

    And we await, more patiently, your posts too. Join the SI, even
    with archive material...

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Jun 29, 2004
  17. I wasn't trying to get in a private cat-fight, or even deny your right
    to have one! I simply wanted to reduce the risk that newer members would
    be put off contributing in case they thought that publication of
    pictures was a pre-requisite :)

    PS, thanks for your kind comments. I'll see what my wife thinks about
    the handsome, though!

    David

    David Littlewood, Jun 29, 2004
  18. Pedro Verne

    Big Bill Guest

    The funny thing is, if you buy one of his pics of the Alamo, you don't
    have a pic of the Alamo.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Jun 29, 2004
  19. Pedro Verne

    Regina Chan Guest

    i'm a bit lost here. did this guy actually take the pictures or were they
    from somebody else's collection????

    Regina Chan, Jun 30, 2004
  20. Pedro Verne

    Mark M Guest

    This "guy" does not exist. He never did.
    He is just another lame invention from the misguided mind of the person who
    invented, and posts as, "George Preddy" and other similar sock puppets.

    Mark M, Jun 30, 2004