Extremely fast Computer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Peter Foldes, Oct 28, 2010.

  1. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Peter Foldes, Oct 28, 2010

  2. Peter Foldes

    Buffalo Guest

    Buffalo, Oct 28, 2010

  3. Peter Foldes

    philo Guest

    I have a friend who was on the design team for the Cray-1 and was lucky
    enough to get a plant tour.
    Back then he told me that Seymour Cray was very worried about being
    beaten by the Japanese.

    In his lifetime it never happened...but according to that article
    the Japanese intact did beat the US in supercomputers 2002-2004

    and now the Chinese have done it.

    All I can say is: Good for them!

    philo, Oct 29, 2010