    application do do this or is it possible with PAINT ?

    Thanks

    Rob

    Rob G, Feb 8, 2008

  2. Rob G

    nospam Guest

    the best exif utility is exiftool:
    <http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/>

    there's a also gui version for windows at:
    <http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/foto/exif/exiftoolgui.htm>

    nospam, Feb 8, 2008

  3. Rob G

    Art Guest

    You can view EXIF through most of the free programs available:
    FastStone and Irfanview both let you open and read the EXIF data.

    There are also some dedicated Exif readers that show EVERY field the
    mfg wrote - however for a P&S the standard programs are usually a
    complete listing.

    Google is your friend finding any or all of these ;).

    Art, Feb 8, 2008
  4. Rob G

    John Navas Guest

    1.

    PhotoME
    http://www.photome.de/

    2.

    ExifTool
    http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    3.

    <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/photoinfo.mspx>

    Microsoft Photo Info enables easy editing of "metadata" for digital
    photographs from inside Windows Explorer

    Published: January 22, 2007

    Microsoft Photo Info is a new software add-in for Microsoft Windows that
    allows photographers to add, change and delete common "metadata"
    properties for digital photographs from inside Windows Explorer. It also
    provides enhanced "hover tips" and additional sort properties for
    digital photographs in Explorer (in Details view).

    Microsoft Photo Info runs on 32-bit versions of Windows XP (with Service
    Pack 2 or later) and the Windows Vista operating systems.

    Free download after Validation.

    John Navas, Feb 8, 2008
  5. Rob G

    jean Guest

    Exposure plot http://www.wega2.vandel.nl/ freeware is very interesting.

    Jean

    jean, Feb 8, 2008
  6. Rob G

    Guest

    Use Irfanview as your image viewer and hit "I" to view the data.

    , Feb 8, 2008
  7. Rob G

    John Navas Guest

    If you install the appropriate plug-in.
    <http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm>

    John Navas, Feb 8, 2008
  8. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    Thanks everyone - downloaded the Microsoft Photo Info program and
    found it adequate for what I wanted.

    Cheers
    Rob

    Rob G, Feb 8, 2008
  9. Rob G

    Art Guest

    THanks for the lead on the Microsoft tool. This is VERY handy for
    quick checks and batch edits of JPGS before distribution.

    Art, Feb 9, 2008
  10. Rob G

    John Navas Guest

    You're welcome. Thanks for taking the time to say thanks.

    John Navas, Feb 9, 2008