    I need the exact syntax for extracting a tar file flash image to a 3550 from
    an ftp server. Thanks in advance.

    BJ

    Bobby Janow, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Referring to the document at

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a0080169623.shtml

    you could use the command

    archive download-sw /overwrite
    ftp://x.x.x.x/c3550-i5q3l2-tar.121-13.EA1.tar

    Of course change the .tar file to the name of your file.

    You will have to set your ftp username and password via the "ip ftp
    username" and "ip ftp password" command before you issue this command
    to authenticate.

    As well their is an issue with this command that causes it to
    crash/reload after you download. It is cisco bug id CSCdy22756.

    I could never get the command to work via the cli but it did work when
    I used the web interface to the switch.

    Jackson Lancaster
    Systems Engineer (Contr)
    SAF/FMPT

    Jackson Lancaster, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Bobby Janow

    Bobby Janow Guest

    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks much

    bJ

    Bobby Janow, Jul 15, 2003