Extra windows open using VLC player

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Nehmo Sergheyev, Nov 14, 2004.

  1. Using VLC player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ for

    The.Incredibles.TS.VCD-GF.ShareConnector.bin
    ed2k://|file|The.Incredibles.TS.VCD-GF.ShareConnector.bin|843692976|EBFD
    F2879EF5FC9F2AA592E1AAE80D2D|h=Z5Y64BAOJJW6TXYFWHRSGJFISLA6GEC3|/|source
    s,65.28.11.193:4662|/

    The.Incredibles.TS.VCD-GF.ShareConnector.cue
    ed2k://|file|The.Incredibles.TS.VCD-GF.ShareConnector.cue|688|BB9A358030
    437F52191438303CFF86F2|h=37W7IDZMHYTRKULATBOZR4XI7ZUR3KGY|/|sources,65.2
    8.11.193:4662|/

    After mounting with Daemon Tools 3.47, I find that to play with VLC I
    have to open a
    particular file (F is the virtual drive created by DT:

    F:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT

    If somebody understands why this is necessary, please explain. And can
    I convert the file{s} so others can open it more easily?

    But then as the file plays, I get windows (during the movie, about 6
    opened) titled, VLC (software RGB DirectX output). If I close the
    windows (only tired once) the player
    closes. I can minimize them alright, but is there a way to prevent them?
    And what makes them open?

    (BTW, the movie is complete, in English, and entertaining, but I
    wouldn't look for any deep meaning.)

    Nehmo Sergheyev, Nov 14, 2004

  2. You should treat the movie as a VCD or DVD. Use a software DVD player
    such as WinDVD or PowerDVD and open the ROOT of the virtual drive as a
    "DVD on HD."

    .. Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Nov 14, 2004