    I can see it. I've messed with monitor settings in the CP to no avail.
    Any suggestions?

    Rich

    rich, Nov 18, 2006

  2. rich

    lee houston Guest

    Your laptop's horizontal resolution is greater than that of your
    flat panel monitor. To avoid the 'panning', you might set your
    laptop resolution to match the external monitor. This will result
    in your laptop display losing some on the sides. If you want
    both displays at full resolution, you might investigate a separate
    video card for your external monitor. This can also provide two
    separate 'desktops'

    lee

    lee houston, Nov 18, 2006

  3. rich

    lee houston Guest

    more on multi monitor:

    http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/guide/laptops.asp

    lee houston, Nov 18, 2006
  4. rich

    rich Guest

    Thanks Lee. I figured that might work. I was trying to avoid having to
    do that, wanting more of a "plug and play solution." But it works fine,
    and I'll typically only do it once a day when the laptop comes home, so
    its not a big deal. Thanks for the help.

    Rich Owings
    http://gpstracklog.typepad.com

    rich, Nov 18, 2006