    better reproduction of B&W photography?

    Thanks,

    - Dan Haygood

    Dan Haygood, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Dan Haygood

    Mark Herring Guest

    Dan;

    I just did a bunch of research on this. Short answer: YES!!!

    There seem to be two major suppliers of 3rd party ink, cartridge kits,
    and continuous feed systems for the Epson:
    Mediastreet
    MIS (aka inksupply)
    Ink jet art also has a lot of stuff--some of which comes form
    the first two.

    I started thinking I would get a continuous feed (external tank)
    system, and then realized that it would be limiting in terms of
    switching inks. I settled on bulk ink and cartridge refill kits from
    MIS. I got "Epson-replacement" dye ink, plus the original MIS
    archival pigment set. All sitting on my desk waiting to be tried.

    MIS also has monochrome ink sets for both 4 and 6 color inkjets, as
    does mediastreet. Note that some vendors of monochrome also want to
    sell you special S/W. I cant say what the tradeoffs here are.

    Finally, you might also check into Jon Cone's Piezography system.

    Serious ink-jet printing is now so widespread, I'm thinking it would
    be good to have a dedicated NG.

    -Mark
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".