    jw 1111 Guest

    hi, want to spend £50 (100$) on an external hardrive. must be reliable. any
    advice please on a good make with plenty of Gbytes?

    jw 1111, Aug 23, 2005

  2. jw 1111

    Kenny Guest

    Don't think you'll get one for £50. Get an IcyBox USB or Firewire external
    HDD enclosure, self powered not USB powered, and you can put any size of HDD
    in it. I got mine from Aria.
    www.aria.co.uk

    Kenny, Aug 23, 2005

  3. [email protected], Aug 23, 2005
  4. jw 1111

    old jon Guest

    Good choice Kenny C. best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Aug 23, 2005
  5. Firstly all external HDD are identical to internal HDD except they are
    housed in an enclosure. I paid £40 for a 60GB laptop and £4 for a
    suitable USB enclosure from Ebay. All have been working perfectly for
    the past year.

    Edward W. Thompson, Aug 24, 2005
  6. jw 1111

    jw 1111 Guest

    thanks to all. is it complicated to fit into enclosure. do i need to buy
    additional leads elsewhere. all this can be complicated for a novice.

    jw 1111, Aug 24, 2005
  7. jw 1111

    old jon Guest

    Glad to help. Complicated No. Extras No. (should be complete kit). Easy if
    you use commonsense.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Aug 24, 2005