External H/H CD/Rom/CD-RW/DVD-Rom Drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gerald, Dec 11, 2004.

  1. Gerald

    Gerald Guest

    I recently bought a NU Tech New External H/H CD/Rom/CD-RW/DVD/Rom Drive.
    The drive comes with Sonic RecordNow DX, Sonic DLA (Drive Letter Access),
    and Sonic CinePlayer. Whenever I play a DVD, it plays for a while, skipping
    almost right through, and then it eventually freezes (not the computer, just
    the program, and the movie). It does that on all the computers in my house.
    The company I bought this product from are going to charge me $20.00+ to do
    a diagnosis on it, and, if there is something wrong, exchange it for a
    different unit. When I go onto the NU Tech New Universe International
    Website, the only downloadable driver they have for the device I have is for
    a Mac OS system only. The system requirements for this device are as
    follows:
    *Compatible Pentium 3, 333 MHz or higher PC
    *Recommended Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP OS
    *at least 128 MB Ram.

    I currently have:
    *AMD Duron Processor
    *801 MHz, 320 MB of Ram
    *Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 SP2

    What do you recommend with this device? Has anyone ever heard of NU Tech
    New? Did I get ripped off? Will the "Program Compatibility Wizard" help
    with this problem? If so, How do I use it?

    P.S. This product was Made in China in case you wanted to know. Sorry if
    there are too many questions above. I'm really anxious because my 30 day
    warranty with the company I purchased this from expires at 6:00 pm CST.

    Thanks ahead of time!

    Gerald

    Gerald, Dec 11, 2004

  2. Gerald

    Noel Paton Guest

    Noel Paton, Dec 12, 2004

  3. Do you often think that it take they 29?

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 12, 2004
  4. Gerald

    Gerald Guest

    It took me "29.5 days" to ask, because sometimes it would work, and
    sometimes it wouldn't. What should I do with the Chinese POC? If I throw
    it out, I'll be out approximately $150.00! Should I try and sell it to some
    other unlucky buyer? What is your opinion? Or does anyone know anyone that
    would repair this product for me? I live in Winnipeg, MB. Thanks in advance

    Gerald
    **"I may not know anything about computers, but at least I have the
    brains!"**

    Do you often think that it take they 29?

    Gerald, Dec 12, 2004
  5. Gerald

    Noel Paton Guest

    Noel Paton, Dec 12, 2004
  6. Gerald

    Gerald Guest

    Actually, there is a company warranty of I think a year, but I'd have to go
    down to the retailer I bought it from for them to check before they send it
    to the manufacturer for repairs. If they don't find anything wrong they
    charge me for their time, and give the product back to be without anything
    done to it. I already talked to the company that I bought it from, and they
    said that is the only thing they can do. Does anyone know any online
    sellers (except Amazon and eBay) where I can try and sell this?
    Thanks in advance!
    Gerald
    **"I might not know anything about computers, but at least I have the
    brains!"**

    Gerald, Dec 13, 2004