    management as Disk 4 with a little red 'no entrysign' unknown and not
    initialized also unallocated. Can I recover entry to this disk and can
    my important back ups be retrieved. If so How ...........help

    neepdocker, Nov 8, 2007

  2. neepdocker

    pcbuilder98 Guest

    Did you reboot? If soft boot not helpful try hard boot and wait for at least
    30 seconds. Tell us what happens then.

    pcbuilder98, Nov 8, 2007

  3. neepdocker

    neepdocker Guest

    Yes I rebooted even tried the Hard Drive in another computer and just
    the same.

    neepdocker, Nov 8, 2007
  4. neepdocker

    pcbuilder98 Guest

    How does this drive interface? Make and model number would be helpful. Is
    this unit still under warranty. Have you visited the MFG site to search for
    description of your problem or solution for same? I can look this up when
    you give model number but how is unit powered? When did the unit last
    operate correctly?

    pcbuilder98, Nov 8, 2007
  5. neepdocker

    neepdocker Guest

    Out of Warranty and functioned yesterday when I backed up most of my
    photography.
    It is a mains / transformer powered usb 2 connected Maxtor 6 L300R0
    Hard drive in an enclosed case. Thanks for your assistance.

    neepdocker, Nov 8, 2007
  6. neepdocker

    pcbuilder98 Guest

    I don't know how much help I'll be but your welcome. I haven't been able to
    find a picture of your drive. Nor can I find that model at Maxtor support:
    http://www.maxtorsolutions.com/en/Main/support.shtml
    Does the drive have a separate USB cable and if so can you try another?

    pcbuilder98, Nov 8, 2007
  7. neepdocker

    philo Guest

    Although the drive might have failed...it could possibly be a USB controller
    failure.

    Remove the drive from the case and install it in your machine on an IDE
    channel and see if it's readable

    philo, Nov 9, 2007
  8. neepdocker

    pcbuilder98 Guest