Extension for saving source URL when we save webpages in FF (like IE automatically)?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Galaxy, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    IE does this automatically. When I'm doing research, I can save
    hundreds of pages if I want and then when I come back to cull, I know
    exactly where I got the page from because IE always references where
    the file came from.

    After 3 weeks of using FF, and currently I'm using the latest v0.9.2,
    it's become a real problem because whether or not I keep the page, I
    have to go in and manually put the source URL in just in case I need
    it later.

    Is there an extension that will do this? This is vital for those of
    us who do a lot of personal research and then index the saved pages we
    keep.

    Believe it or not, this was one of the main features that led me to
    drop Netscape and start using IE years ago that and that it
    automatically saved the images when I saved a page (a great thing that
    FF does, too! <g>). When MS was supporting Win98SE and we could get
    security patches, the need was so great that I felt I could do that.
    But now that they don't and I switched to FF, I really need to get
    this type of feature in place.

    Thanks so much!

    Galaxy, Jul 23, 2004