    all my wireless software, i really need to extend the range of my card
    without purchasing another....

    Any Ideas???

    jake550, Nov 20, 2007

  2. jake550

    Todd H. Guest

    Short of an ugly hardware hack that if not perfectly done may actually
    harm your range, you're stuck.

    There are pcmcia cards out there from 2-wire that come in a lot of dsl
    home networking kits that should be easy to find. I'm staring at one
    in front of me here, and I believe they're the exact same guts as the
    Orinico Gold b/g cards. It also has an external antenna connector.

    Some things off of it
    2Wire
    P/N 019461/d
    Agere Systems
    PC24E-11-FC/R

    For instance, here's a place selling them for $30:
    http://www.pcliquidations.com/item.asp?id=1525

    Todd H., Nov 20, 2007

  3. jake550

    Jim Watt Guest

    There are no 'zero money' solutions.

    You need to get another compatible card that supports an external
    antenna, or an access point that will work in repeater mode sited
    to be able to receive the access point and communicate with your
    laptop.

    Jim Watt, Nov 21, 2007
  4. jake550

    Unruh Guest

    Why? Offer to buy them one. It will be cheaper than what you are trying to
    do.

    Unruh, Nov 22, 2007