    on the router. Do I have to set up security separately on the extender
    or will it pick up the settings from the router?

    Regards

    .newman, Sep 24, 2008

  2. .newman

    Rob Morley Guest

    Presumably if the extender could pick up the security settings then so
    could any passing hacker ...

    Rob Morley, Sep 24, 2008

  3. .newman

    Ian Guest

    If it's using WEP then forget it, anyone can get in and use your connection.
    It's useless unless it can use WPA2 to link to the main router.

    Ian, Sep 24, 2008
  4. .newman

    .newman Guest

    Thanks

    I have managed to set up the extender and all is ok now.

    Regards

    .newman, Oct 2, 2008