    My question is simple, how does the extended zoom work, and is the
    picture degraded in any way? Thanks in advance.
    Richard

    rjpalace, Mar 30, 2009

  2. IIRC, it's a cropped central image.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Mar 30, 2009

  3. rjpalace

    Jim... Guest

    It's only smoke and mirrors. If you are in the habit of only shooting
    2 megapixel photos with this 10 megapixel camera then it's excellent,
    but if you're like most people you shoot 9-10 megapixel jobbos with it
    ( I actually prefer 3:2 9 megapixel or even 16:9 shots to the old 4:3
    style that uses 10 megapixel) then all the extended zoom achieves is a
    crop of the sensor, the same as can be easily done afterward by any
    photo software.
    The end result is me ignoring it on my new and excellent FZ28.

    Jim..., Mar 31, 2009