    And what configuration is suggested?

    Thanks,

    Gordon

    Gordon J. Rattray, Oct 29, 2006

  2. Hi
    You need an Access Point that can be configured as a Client, (see here mode
    three http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html ).
    It would configured to connect to the Wireless Router, and the telephone
    would be plugged into the Access Point.
    The Access Point need first to be connected to a computer for configuration.
    This page describes other scenarios for Bridging as well,
    http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 30, 2006

  3. Jack,

    Thanks for the info...so the DLink DWL2100AP seems to be the way to go....

    One more question....could I attach a hub to this AP and more devices to the
    hub and all would get their IP addresses from the wireless router
    downstairs?

    Thanks,

    Gordon

    Gordon J. Rattray, Oct 30, 2006
  4. Hi
    Yes you can.
    Change the core IP of the 2100AP to be on the same subnet as the main
    Router, and disable the 2100AP's DHCP. The IPs would be assigned by the
    main Router's DHCP. Plug a switch/hub to the 2100AP, and connect wired
    computers or other Ethernet capable devices.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 30, 2006