    importing program just add those addresses to the ones already in my address
    book? Is there a way to import the Groups AS groups?

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Nov 24, 2007

  2. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    I wrote this, then clicked Send accidentally while I was checking my facts.
    As it turns out, what I was checking revealed an answer. It is widely
    believed that Windows Mail in Vista doesn't support migrating Groups, but in
    fact importing an address book in .wab will indeed import the groups. They
    just don't show up in the folders list. You have to go through a rigamarole
    involving Adding a Group, then looking in the little drop-down menu in the
    lower right, selecting "*.group" and then your Groups show up. It's
    troublesome, but not as much as having to recreate those groups.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Nov 24, 2007

  3. Jim Beaver

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    What are we going to get here? Is it going to be a blow by blow of your
    activities? Jim Beaver and he is trying to ride his new computer adventures.
    :)

    Mr. Arnold, Nov 24, 2007
  4. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    Yeah, I was afraid that would be the reaction. It's just one of those "set
    out to do one thing and something goes wrong, try to fix that and something
    new goes wrong, etc., etc." deals.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Nov 24, 2007