    I've still got a copy of the old server. If necessay, can I export
    group policy / registry settings, do the windows install and then re-
    import?

    BertieBigBollox, Nov 10, 2009

  2. BertieBigBollox

    chuckcar Guest

    Reply to replies to your posts in the original thread. As stated, you
    *can't* switch drives on a windows 2000 computer. You *have* to reinstall.

    chuckcar, Nov 10, 2009

  3. BertieBigBollox

    John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Promote the old server to a PDC, then promote the new server to a BDC.
    Replicate the settings from the old server to the new server, demote both
    servers to stand-alone and you're done. Takes about 5-10 minutes.

    John Holmes, Nov 10, 2009
  4. BertieBigBollox

    chuckcar Guest

    Yes, but what about the enum key. Without being able to import that it
    means nothing. Sounds like some kiddy is messing with equipment he's not
    allowed to.

    chuckcar, Nov 11, 2009
  5. BertieBigBollox

    G. Morgan Guest

    I bet he wasn't "Professionally Trained" to mess with the registry.

    G. Morgan, Nov 11, 2009
  6. Ho Hum.

    Nope perfectly serious use here.

    BertieBigBollox, Nov 11, 2009