    Any suggestions?

    Thanks..........

    Treb the nag :)

    Treb, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Treb

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 06:44:17 GMT, Treb wrote:

    >I have saved the used the File Import and Export utility in IE to export my
    >favorites file to a file.

    It's a HTML file, simply a page displaying the link name. (Export to
    file from IE 6 SP1)

    >When I import the same file on another laptop, it tells me it is: Not a
    >valid bookmark file.

    Doesn't look like a 'bookmark' file what ever that is meant to be.

    >What gives? One is saved in Fat32 and the other is going to NTFS. Is that a
    >problem?

    ? and no. Open the page in a browser, does it look okay i.e.not a
    corrupted file.

    Both systems it's MSIE you are using, same version?

    >Any suggestions?

    Could be a damaged favorites on the target PC. Check it's okay first,
    maybe export those simply as a safety backup copy. Clear them out and
    import again.

    As I have multiple browsers, I found using a bookmark manager much
    easier. It imports from multiple browsers, checks links, keyword
    searches etc.

    Powermarks from www.kaylon.com , it's not free but there are many others
    that are, see

    http://www.tucows.com/bookmark95_default.html