    addresses show up.
    Outlook2000, OE6, XP w'sp2.
    Thanks for the help.

    Rsdown, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Rsdown

    Thor Guest

    the .WAB file is outlook express's address book. MS Outlook stores it's
    addresses, calendar, contacts, messages, etc in one all-encompassing file.
    It's the .PST file. However Outlook Express cannot import directly from this
    PST file (some wonderful interoperability on MS's part). You'll have to try
    and export the contacts from MS Outlook using it's export tool under the
    file menu. Export it to a comma separated value file, and then use OE's
    "other address book" import option and pick "text file comma separated
    values" as the source. Point it to the text file you exported from Outlook,
    and hopefully the data will come across intact. The problem is that the
    Outlook Contact list is far more elaborate than OE's address book, so you'll
    have to be careful as to how many information fields you attempt to import
    into OE's limited format. Outlook's plain address book doesn't seem to have
    an export utility, so you'll likely only have the contact folder as an
    export source. If you have no luck getting the information imported using
    that method, you might google for a utility that might do the job for you.
    There are lots of tools for managing Outlook data out there.

    Thor, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Rsdown

    Rsdown Guest

    Thanks, Thor. I'll try this & look for a utility.

    Rsdown, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Rsdown

    Arno Guest

    Arno, Dec 15, 2004