    How best to do this?

    Regards,

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Dan

    Doug G Guest

    Doesn't FF 1.0.3's Bookmarks Manager have export and import on its File
    menu?

    You can copy the bookmarks.html file from the Firefox profile folder on
    the W98 machine to the Firefox profile folder on the XP machine.

    Doug G, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    I had missed it!
    Well I had looked at that. Windows 98 has that
    under windows\application data\FF\profiles. I
    just got XP Pro, so am really unfamilar with its
    structure, but I could not find the same path.
    So I assume FF sets itself up somewhat
    differently, at least enough different to
    confuse me. So, bottom line, I haven't
    positioned it correctly.

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Dan

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:44:00 GMT, in message
    See http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    Different versions of MS-Windows set themselves up somewhat differently,
    i.e. they locate the standard MS-Windows "Application Data" folder in
    different places.

    Once you find where your version of MS-Windows has put its
    "Application Data" folder, you find Firefox's profile
    in "Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\????????.default".

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton