  1. So, you install a Yugo motor into your Porsche, and complain there is no
    get-up-and-go? That's absurd.

    Get some RAM for 50 bucks and use a good browser.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 26, 2011

  2. Okay, you have to hunt all over the page, I just look on the top of the page
    where the tabs are ALWAYS located. You cannot eliminate the row of buttons
    where the tabs live, except that you can invoke the Full Screen Mode and
    hide them. Seems to me that Full Screen Mode is a problem, not the tabs.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 26, 2011

  3. Dave C.

    Julie Bove Guest

    Mine are not at the top. I have toolbars at the top. I don't like full
    screen mode either.

    Julie Bove, Mar 27, 2011
  4. Tabs live at the top of the screen. At the very top is the title bar, then
    the menu bar (if on) then the bar that houses the tabs. The tab bar cannot
    be turned off.

    But no matter, you don't like tabbed browsing and this has nothing at all to
    do with the price of rice in China. IE8 is a better product than IE6, and
    you can disable tabbed browsing, or simply not use the feature. Your choice.

    I don't know what your issues are, but you ought not be confused.

    I just found that one of my machines was running IE7, and doing it WRONG,
    and the tabs were not working. I upgraded to IE8, and all is well now. If
    you are not liking tabs, and have IE7, then you are having an experience
    that should be improved by an upgrade.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 27, 2011
  5. Dave C.

    Kele Guest

    I said I fell back from IE 8 to IE 7. What's the problem? I think you mean
    I'm trying to use a Porshe engine in a Yugo. It's rude of you to attack
    someone's Yugo.

    -------

    Kele, Mar 27, 2011