    file operations through explorer. I have Win2K with Service Pack 3.
    Anyone know what might be causing this?

    Yaroslav

    Yaroslav Bulatov, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Yaroslav Bulatov

    EricP Guest

    Turn your file protecting AV off. See if it speeds up.

    EricP, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Yaroslav Bulatov

    Trax Guest

    On 1 Jan 2004 09:22:26 -0800, (Yaroslav Bulatov) wrote:

    |> I've recently noticed that Explorer takes a long time to view
    |> directory contents. In fact it may freeze for several minutes to give
    |> contents of a directory with only 5 entries in it. While explorer is
    |> frozen, the rest of the system works as usual. It doesn't happen all
    |> the time, or consistently. Similar problem happen when trying other
    |> file operations through explorer. I have Win2K with Service Pack 3.
    |> Anyone know what might be causing this?

    This happens to me if I have a CD that's hard to read or has errors on it in the
    drive. tho it's waits of many seconds not minutes.

    Explorer seems to load all the drives and at least the root directories whenever
    it's loaded the first time. In my case any other instances of explorer or quick
    to load.

    It's easy to check, after your long wait for explorer to load, run:
    eventvwr.msc and look for drive access errors.

    Install SP4 might fix your problem by replacing a bad file.

    Trax, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Yaroslav Bulatov

    °Mike° Guest