    Explorer", but the actual title part which would be ""Yahoo!" or
    "ESPN" and so on. Is this even possible. I would like to have the
    blue bar be completely empty if possible. Thanks!

    Miles, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Miles

    °Mike° Guest

    You can change the "Microsoft Internet Explorer" part, but
    the title of each web page is placed there by the HTML
    code. I suppose it might be possible to add a script to
    Proxomitron to strip titles, but I've never tried it.

    To clear the IE title, open your registry editor to the following
    key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    +Software
    +Microsoft
    +Internet Explorer
    +Main

    Right click in the right-hand pane and choose NEW / STRING.
    Name it Window Title
    If 'Window Title' already exists, make sure it is blank.

    Proxomitron
    http://www.proxomitron.info/

    °Mike°, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Miles

    bb3 Guest

    <snip>

    As a side note...Spyware Blaster will also do this for you, if you're
    not sure about editing the registry.

    Once installed, click on "Tools"...choose the "Misc. IE Settings" tab,
    and in the "IE Window Title Text" just erase what is in there. Click
    "Apply" and that's it.

    bb3, Dec 4, 2003