    this? I have checked the startup folder but nothing in there not even a
    shortcut.
    Bob

    Bob B, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    System is XP

    Bob B, Jan 13, 2006

  3. Hi Bob,

    If it's spyware and opening a page you don't want then I would recommend
    downloading spybot search and destroy from www.downloads.com to solve.

    It this is not spyware, then it will be in your registry

    Start > Run > Regedit.exe

    If will be in:
    HKCU>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Run
    or
    HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Run

    Has this helped?

    Please take a look at our DVDR CDR shop at www.bigmaggot.co.uk

    Regards,

    Andy

    BIGmaggot.co.uk, Jan 13, 2006
  4. Bob B

    Steve n Debs Guest

    What do you mean by 'go on the internet'?

    Steve n Debs, Jan 13, 2006
  5. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    you Were

    Okay... I am on broadband and as part of the computer firing up it will
    obtain an asdl broadband connection. Normally it would then stop at the
    desktop but the the computer contiues to load and open Internet explorer to
    my home page.

    Yes! I do run a number of spyware programmes which do report negative
    although I wouldn't be surprised if in the past one has partially installed
    my problem although it probably wanted to load its own home page !!
    Bob

    Bob B, Jan 13, 2006
  6. Bob B

    Book End Guest

    Download EasyCleaner from one of hundreds of sites hosting it.
    http://www.docsdownloads.com/Tier1/easycleaner.htm is one of them.
    Run the Startup option & delete IE if it's there.

    Book End, Jan 14, 2006
  7. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    Nice looking programme Bookend and I am forwarding to the computer with the
    problem (my sons) Just as a matter of interest do you normally delete all
    the temp programmes found and have you had any problems
    Bob

    Bob B, Jan 14, 2006