Explorer freezes when navigating in home network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm using an MN-700 Router to network one desktop
    computer (connected via ethernet cable) and one laptop
    (connected by wireless card). Recently I had to reformat
    both my hard-drives on the desktop and laptop for
    different reasons and since then I have not been able to
    reestablish a perfectly functioning network like I had
    before. While each computer can see the other and
    recognise the shared folders, I cannot seem to access
    some of those folders. But of greater annoyance is the
    fact that as I navigate through the folders with
    explorer, if I try to use the back arrow or up arrow to
    return to the previous level the network freezes and
    won't work again until I do the three finger programme
    terminator. The same happens if I am in My Network Places
    and try to do a refresh.

    Obviously something isn't set up just right but I cannot
    figure out what and nothing in the documentation or on
    this site is of any help. Any ideas out there?

    Guest, Mar 9, 2005