    Moreover I cannot reinstall windows again as I have a linux (red hat) partition as well which might be deleted if i reinstall windows.
    regards,
    sagar

    sagargoel, Sep 21, 2006

  2. sagargoel

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Try doing a Windows Update to see if it finds the need for updating Windows Explorer (You don't mean Internet Explorer, right?). Then I would download a new file manager application like "Power Desk Pro 6" (16MB download of the setup file called PowerDeskStandard6013_US.exe). This is free and you might like it more than Windows Explorer anyway.

    You could also try doing a system restore to the previous save point. That might be worth trying.

    bigal, Sep 21, 2006