Explore.exe problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by gperry, Sep 18, 2006.

  1. gperry

    gperry Guest

    I usually use explore.exe to manage my files/folders. But today while
    I was trying to reorganize several hundred files I noticed that it
    wouldn't group the files by name (alphabetically.) Nornally I can
    toggle the list of files by clicking the "name" bar and the files will
    re-alphabetize a-z or z-a. It will swap directions but it will not
    regroup the files (the list is alphabetical...to a point... but about
    halfway thru the directory the list starts over at one end of the
    alphabet or the other. In other words, the list is in 2 parts and not
    all files starting with a given letter ar displayed together. Anyone
    got any ideas about how to fix this stupid problem. And if I can't
    fix explore.exe, does anyone know of a good 3rd-party file manager
    (preferably freeware!) Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks

    GP

    PS...some of you might have noticed that I have suddenly appeared on
    this newsgroup and have posted a handful of questions lately. I
    appreciate all the replies that I have received from my various posts.
    I have been trying to get a couple of computers updated and de-bugged
    and I just keep running into stuff I have never encountered before so
    again I thank all of you for your help.

    gperry, Sep 18, 2006